Visiting Alpacas By The Sea
Thank you for your interest in visiting our ranch. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot do tours for alpacas petting and photos for insurance reasons.
We have Open Ranch Days once every season – Please see our events calendar for the next Open Ranch Day!
Want to own Alpacas? Are you interested in a Consultation about Alpacas?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help.
Alpacas By The Sea is located on the beautiful California Coast, just off scenic “Highway 1”. This is merely 20 minutes west of the San Francisco Airport or approximately 25 minutes south of San Francisco. We are four blocks from the ocean and enjoy the refreshing ocean breezes and panoramic views. Our alpacas like this too.
Directions from SF to Alpacas By The Sea:
- Heading South From San Francisco on 280
- Exit on Highway 1 South / Pacifica
- Cross Devil’s Slide (a winding, two lane road overlooking the ocean)
- Enter Montara (Chart House Restaurant will be on your right)
- Left on 2nd. Street (Directly across from the Chart House)
- Right on Main Street
- Left on 3rd Street
- Go through two stop signs
- Now just one more block
- Left on Tamarind Street
- 1162 Tamarind, the 1st. house and barn on the left.
The weather on the coast is hard to predict – so be prepared for almost anything.
Alpacas by the Sea
162 Tamarind Street. Montara, California 94037
Maps (click a map to view larger version.)